One of the most critical elements in diagnosing a potential health risk begins with laboratory testing. In an extension of its thriving Radiological Diagnostics line of service, Affidea Labs became operational in the fall of 2007.
Structured around numerous collection points and strategically-located primary laboratories, Affidea Labs serves its patients with accuracy, safety and promptness. On staff are medical professionals including physicians, biochemists, biomedical professionals, technicians, nurses and engineers. Many of Affidea Lab medical professionals hold doctorate and post doctorate degrees from highly recognized universities.
The company’s market segmentation allows for the focus to be on the patients, offering them an excellent level of service and a comfortable and relaxing physical environment. In addition, the company offers its patients several options of access to their test results, which can be picked up at the unit, retrieved through the internet, sent by electronic fax or delivered to a specified address (e.g. doctor’s office).
Clinical Analysis Tests are divided into routine and specialized tests, which require special equipment and specific training.
Routine clinical tests include all measurements in basic analyzes of metabolism and vital functions of the body organs, including but not limited to:
• Hematology tests, such as blood counts and coagulation tests.
• Chemical tests, such as glucose levels, lipidemic profiles, iron status and cholesterol levels.
• Endocrinology tests, such as thyroid function tests and sex hormone levels.
• Immunology tests, such as tests for infectious and autoimmune diseases.
• Microbiology tests, such as cultures in body fluid and sensitivity tests to antibiotics.
• Cytology tests, such as PAP tests to cervical smears.
• Urine microscopic and chemical analysis.
• Tumor markers for diagnosis and monitoring specific cancer such as PSA for prostrate cancer, CA153 for breast and CA 19-9 for colon cancer.
Specialized tests are less common clinical tests used in the diagnosis of specific diseases. They require special scientific equipment and highly-skilled personnel. These include, among others:
• Special endocrinological and immunological tests.
• Special allergy tests.
• Molecular biology tests used for the detection of inherited and infectious diseases.
• Specialized tests in oncology, developed for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
• Toxicological tests for poisonous chemicals and controlled substance drugs.
Use of state-of-the-art technology, a solid infrastructure and reliability are the cornerstones of Affidea Labs. The company takes pride in presenting itself as a socially responsible organization that is committed to the heath and well being of its community, concerned with the environment and a strong ally of the medical community.